Thursday, August 26, 2010

Its the heart that counts.

Last saturday was the 21st of August, and somehow, there were tons of things scheduled for that day. No idea why, but anyway.
For the first time, I participated in iGAP's Project Paint ! And I'm glad I went for it, really (: We went to Chinatown to paint the homes of the elderly !

It feels really nice to be helping someone, you know ? Though there was the prospect of bedbugs, cockroaches and all that - it was actually really really enjoyable. Met different people from different professions and all, plus get to practice my cantonese and train my arm muscles a bit, not bad ! hahah.
Plus, it also made me more aware how much more I need to learn, in terms of striking up a conversation with other people - young or old. Plus, I need to learn my dialects. My level of comprehension of Hokkien is super low lah ): Need to learn teochew too, since its the elderly who have such interesting stories to tell - you just need to be able to understand them !

No comments: